Friday, July 1, 2011

Tags, tags, and more tags.

Pre-motherhood I would see those Taggie blankets, clothes, etc. and wonder why in the world that company makes so much money on that stuff and who would buy that for their kid.  Then Lucy turned 6 months and tags were no longer safe.  She can find a tag on anything and get it into her mouth.

So last weekend I decided that I could just make a taggie mini-blanket myself so that she could chew and slobber all over that and it would be easier to clean than the awkward shaped stuff with tags: stuffed animals, wrist rattles, and the toys on her exersaucer.  Off I went to my bin of fabric, of which I have way too much, and out I pulled a colorful piece of duck fabric and bright pink scrap of terry cloth, both of which I used earlier this year to make bibs and burp cloths.  Then I selected four different colorful ribbons to make into "tags"and I got to sewing.


I was quite proud of my creation and immediately gave it to little Lucy, knowing that she would be in 7th heaven with so many tags!  I was envisioning the cute pictures of her over the years as she would have her little home-made taggie by her side.  She took it, looked at it, and threw it to the side while reaching for a tag on her pink plaid Scooby-doo.  Oh well.  I was glad my time investment was minimal and financial investment even less.  And I had decided I would not blog about my little creation because it was a failure.

Well about 10 minutes ago she picked it up on her own! She has since put it down, but maybe there is some hope!  Maybe it wasn't a complete waste of time and effort.  Who knows!  If you see pictures of her in the months to come with her little homemade taggie, then you will now know where it came from and that she has finally warmed up to it.  Otherwise, tuck in your tags, none are safe from Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment