Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Expedit

Several years ago my husband bought me the most fabulous shelving unit for my craft room.  The extraordinarily large, 6ft x 6ft IKEA Expedit Bookcase.  It weighs 213lb, has about 100 pieces, and took me a couple hours and several bruises to assemble.  Then 6 months later, we moved.  The movers were able to easily get it out of our house, but after a 1/2 hour of trying, they had no luck in getting up the stairs to our 2nd story, 1 bedroom, downtown apartment.  So off my new, cool shelf went to our storage unit to live for over 2 years.

Well, about 2 months ago we moved into a house and I was so excited for us to be reunited.  Until we tried getting it into the house.  Since our box-spring wouldn't fit, we knew the IKEA shelf wouldn't either.  So here is the dilemma:  do we concede to be beat by the bookcase and just make it into a piece of garage furniture?  Or do we disassemble it with the hope that we can get it back together again in the room of our desire? After much debate, we decided to tackle the reassembly.

Much to our surprise, it was very easy!  Unassembly went very fast, and reassembly wasn't that bad either.  So here we have it...


Now it is time to work on organization of all my craft supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment