Sunday, January 20, 2013

Etched Glass Mugs


A girlfriend needed a gift for the seniors on her son's bowling team but was on a budget.  Trying to think of something that works for both boys and girls and something that they might actually keep and use, we came up with etched, glass mugs!  This is a super easy process that has a great outcome.  I use a Cricut to make my stencil, but you can use an exacto knife to cut out your design and it works just as well- just takes a bit more time.

As luck would have it, the Dollar Tree had just gotten in these glass mugs.  I cut the stencils out of vinyl, put on the etching cream, and voila!  A functional keepsake that looks pretty cool.  She is going to fill them with candy and wrap them up in school colored cellophane. 












2 comments:

  1. Where and how much did you buy those glass mugs? I would also want to make this kind of mugs to give as a gift for Christmas. Surely my friends would like this.

    Personalized Glass Mugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the glass mugs at the Dollar Tree, so only $1 each! I've noticed them there the last few years in January/February.

    ReplyDelete