Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lucy's Polka Dot Room



We have been hemming and hawing about what room to put Henry in before he was even born, which means he has been living in our room for over 8 months- much longer than ever intended.  This week we finally bit the bullet and made the decision.  We have moved Lucy to the spare room and Henry will get Lucy's old room.  It has the perfect set-up with a built in changing table and the spare room has a larger closet and we all know girls somehow accumulate more clothes than boys.

The spare room lacked any sort of decoration.  Just boring beige walls.  We are limited on what we can do to the walls because we rent, but I knew we needed to add some color.  After weighing several options, I elected for using adhesive vinyl.

I used my Cricut and cut 3" circles out of four different colors (Navy,Pink, Lilac, and Green), in addition to her name in Lilac.  Once all my stickers were cut, I went to laying it out.  It was really a very quick process and in total, I probably only invested about 3 hours between cutting an applying.


I also bought window sheers to coordinate.  In total, the room make-over only cost about $25 because everything used just happened to be on sale and I already had the cartridge to cut the circles.  And it was money well spent.  Lucy LOVES it!  She especially loves the green sheer.  Every time she goes into the room she points and lights up!  It certainly made transitioning to a new room a little bit easier.

And for our friends and family that frequently use the spare room in our house, don't worry.  The wonderful air mattress still fits in the room great and we will figure out somewhere to put her when you visit!






1 comment:

  1. Love it! I can just see Lucy's face light up when she walks in! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete